These central Austin clients, originally from Denmark and Egypt, really wanted to push the boundary on this accessory dwelling unit. The lot size and existing home’s square footage limited the conditioned space on this accessory unit to 299 SF. The program includes a single car garage with sliding panels to open to the covered carport which also serves as ground floor entertainment space. Upstairs is complete with covered deck with structure engineered for future hot tub, sliding glass panel doors to maximize square footage, kitchenette, sitting area, work space, storage, and a European style wet room.
- Location: Rosedale - Austin, TX
- Project Manager: Wes Haynie
- Design Team: Maggie Wylie, AIA; Wes Haynie
- Contractor: Wilmington-Gordon
- Completion: In design, expected start of construction Winter 2017