The Hidden Hollow house involved a full kitchen renovation and the addition of a much needed utility room. In order to achieve a more open kitchen layout we removed one wall and installed a spacious kitchen island, accented with bold tile and open shelving. We allocated unused square footage from the homeowner's garage to create a multipurpose "command center" for the family. This area includes a mudroom, home office, laundry, pantry and bar area, all tucked around the corner and out of sight.
- Location: Northwest Hills - Austin, TX
- Project Manager: Maggie Wylie, AIA
- Design Team: Maggie Wylie, AIA
- Contractor: Wilmington-Gordon
- Photography: Cate Black Photography
- Completion: Summer 2019